Monday, October 02, 2006

On the Go!


Olivia has been working up to crawling for some time now, but she put all four wheels into motion this weekend as she crawled several feet across the floor on all fours (tummy off the floor!) to chase some much-coveted items; my wallet and cell phone. She has pulled herself up several times with no help from Bob or me and even works her away along the edge of the tub.
She seems to have come a long way with her crawling since beginning Tumble Tots a couple of weeks ago(I'll try to remember to take a picture today). One of the things we have done there is to help her work her way up a slope using my hands as footholds to get to(you guessed it) my wallet and cell phone. All the cute, educational toys in the world, and she prefers a wallet, cell phone, book, camera, CD case... She made her way into the pots and pans cabinet the other day too. It has begun...


We have found the backpack comes in handy in all sorts of situations, not just outdoor walking. I can cook up a storm in the kitchen with her in the backpack, or this morning for example, I put her in it to hang the laundry. She fell asleep, so I've come indoors and am sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee, a computer in my lap, and Olivia is getting her morning nap - magic! We have also picked alot of berries this fall with her in the pack - there's no way I could have picked pokey, nettle-ridden blackberries with her in the front carrier!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home