Monday, January 03, 2011

Broccoli coming out of her ears

A little anecdote I thought I needed to share.

Olivia has broccoli at dinner very frequently. Now, we don't require her to clean her plate always, but we want her to at least eat her broccoli. There have been many ways we have used to cajole her into eating it all, and one that has been especially successful has been for me to palm a piece of broccoli while she's not looking, and then pretend to pull it out of her ear, or Suzanne's ear, or my ear.

Though I'm no magician, she bought this for quite a long time, and then the other night she asked me how I do it. Wanting to be honest with her, I showed her how I could hold the broccoli in my palm without using my fingers, and showed her how I could pick it up off her plate.

Having palmed the broccoli and showed it to her, I then reached to Suzanne's ear and pretended to pull it out. Looking slightly perplexed, she said:

"But what happened to the piece of broccoli you already had in your hand?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home