Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Dad gets "Nappy Knee"


Changing a nappy at Olivia's "Changing station". It's on the floor, which works really well- she sure can't fall off the floor! Or if she could, we'd have to consult a physicist I think. It also keeps us used to changing nappies on the floor, since when we're out and about there isn't always a changing table available (although there are changing facilities all over the place; the first time I used one it was definitely odd to do it standing up!)

One of the occupational hazards, however, seems to be that it turns out to be a bit hard on the knees, and I've come down with a case of what I'm calling "Nappy Knee". The symptoms are, well, a picture is worth a thousand words, so:

This is what Nappy Knee looks like. If you find you have been changing a lot of nappies or have just been kneeling a lot, look out. It's not as painful as it looks, although Suzanne says I'm starting to look like their old black lab. It's not clear why I'm developing this symptom and Suzanne isn't, since we do both change her, but my theory is that I do the nighttime nappy changes, and I tend to have just gotten out of bed, and therefore I'm not wearing long pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home