Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sleep, Wonderful Sleep...


I'm happy to get some...
We just wanted to share these two adorable pictures of Olivia sleeping. Lately, she's taken to falling back asleep with her knees tucked up and her bottom in the air. Also, to falling back asleep draped over her mama. Or sometimes, very recently, over her papa too.

About a week ago, the lack of sleep just GOT to me one night and I decided to leave the bed to Bob and I went downstairs. It ended up being less than totally traumatic for Olivia. Bob had her to sleep within half an hour, and though he didn't sleep much for the rest of the morning, Olivia, aside from her normalish fidgeting, slept until 8am. I also didn't sleep much or well, but it was restful to have my body to myself for a few hours! We have since tried this a few times and (knock on wood) it just seems to be getting better and better for Bob and Olivia.
Bob is also deeply touched by the sweet closeness of sleeping with his arm around her warm, trusting little body.

1 Comments:

Blogger IMC said...

Ah, yes. Sleep. I remember that.

I must note that I am experiencing less of what I call the "chopped liver" syndrome with baby #2. It is very hopeful, as I definately played second fiddle for Jonas until he was three and a half, or so (as I reported in our blog).

Julian is not the same. I'm not sure if it is constitutional, or something about being a second born, or what, but it isn't quite as intense. It does feel good to be included in that tight little dyad :-)

xxoo

Ian

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home