Thursday, December 13, 2007

More Olivia!

I just wanted to jot down some of Olivia's newest words, before they got completely passed by.
Let's see... She said "puppy" when a lady with a cute black lab puppy stopped to let her and Olivia get acquainted. Both were on their way home for a nap. Tonight, she signed "why?", though we won't know how well she understands it until she really starts using it. A woman in the post office told me she said "dog" the other day, but I didn't hear it and she didn't repeat it. Olivia charmed everyone in the post office that day with her smiles and pointing out interesting things like dogs and cats on the cards. At the end, she helpfully lugged my big bag down past the queue and out the door, after being stopped near the door by the press of people smiling down at her. One lady opened the door for her, and another exclaimed how she had livened up everyone's day :-)
Today, we went shopping for a bigger little potty for Olivia, as I had gotten tired of her knees being up around her chin. She picked it out. Quite a plain, white one. Not the pretty blue winnie-the-pooh one that I'd tried to interest her in... She likes to sit on it(spent quite alot of the evening on it), though she signed that it was _cooold_! to sit on after having been towed home in the bike trailer in the freezing air.
Olivia's been spending alot more time at home un-nappied. She likes to not have one on, and it makes it that much easier for her to sit on the potty. It still helps for me to look for cues that she has to go, though, and help her to sit on the potty.
I know there have been more words and I'm just not coming up with them - next blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home