Friday, July 13, 2007

This may be too much information, but...

(Continue at your own risk)

Olivia peed in the toilet for the first time yesterday.

So, I know what you're thinking. "She's only 20 months- isn't it a little early for toilet training?" Well, we're not toilet training her- she seems to be doing some of it herself. Let me explain. She came to me and signed "bathroom", which she'sbeen doing for some time now (when she goes). I asked her if she was, and she pointed to the bathroom- Suzanne suggested she may want to sit on the toilet, and so I pulled her nappy off and helped her balance on the full-size seat. She sat there for a minute, peed, and then was done! She had done the same thing to Suzanne earlier in the day and had peed a little then too. I think the reason she did it is from watching us. After all, she knows that we go in there from time to time and sit down, and she knows what we're doing... I guess it's not surprising that she might emulate us.

So today we bought the little seat that helps her not fall in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home